Thursday, January 16, 2020

New Rory Gallagher on the way.

The goodies keep coming -- am trying to find out more but here you go:

Following on from the highly successful ‘BLUES’ album, Chess/UMC are proud to be releasing ‘Check Shirt Wizard- Live In ‘77’. The album is available to pre-order  HERE
This 20-song, previously unreleased, set is culled from four shows (London, Brighton, Sheffield and Newcastle) during an early 1977 tour across the UK in support of Rory’s then latest album 'Calling Card'. Featuring fantastic live versions of tracks from that album as well as songs from the 1975 'Against The Grain' album and other live favourites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello the house...of Blues!

Given that my mother grew up in the Midwest and would go down to the railroad tracks of her small town to listen to the Blues, one would think I was more steeped in them that British tea in water... and milk. But...everyone has a big but, so lets talk about mine. It's more a caveat to the Blues really as I enjoy them almost as much as I do Bluegrass. On both counts I can only listen for an hour or maybe two and then I am full. Turgidly so, LOL! But like Chinese food I am soon hungry again.

Blues and Bluegrass, like Jazz...Real Jazz (yeah, I can be a Jazz snob!) are Americana made musical. I recall Rory from my youth and will be listening to his work this week along with the occasional dose of The Carolina Chocolate Drops and Patsy Cline (my late father's favorite) and for the former of those two I have your column to thank.

So then my young friend, thank you! To paraphrase someone from my past, a room without music is like a body without a soul. Lifeless and empty of memories. In all ways and for always, be well.