Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Little Fwend tonearm lifter

Looks like a very elegant solution to an ongoing vinyl usage challenge, getting the arm off the record without leaving your seat - now from Little Fwend Love to give one a try but $250? Is this what is meant by audiophila being a relentless engagement with first-world problems?


LITTLE  FWEND from lassegretland.com on Vimeo.

UPDATE -- Lasse from Little Fwend has offered to send me one to check out....I'll let you know how it works when I get it. Thanks Lasse!

5 comments:

Dolsey said...

It's a very elegant solution but I'll keep my $50 Q-up and spend the other $200 on records.

PatrickD said...

Yes, I use the Expressimoaudio Lift, a lovely brass design I got for $89, though think they've since gone up to $99. Works well for me. Mentioned earlier on the blog: http://www.expressimoaudio.com/lift.html

PatrickD said...

The earlier review of the expressimoaudio lift is here: http://audiomatters.blogspot.com/2015/08/expressimoaudio-lift.html

Anonymous said...

Audio Technica made these years ago for about $20ish called the safety raiser

PatrickD said...

Indeed they did but they are hard to come by...last one I saw on Ebay went for over $125. I agree though, the new model looks a lot like that AT 6006 lift but perhaps a bit more solidly built -- though without direct in-hand comparison it is hard to say.