Friday, July 23, 2010

DAC Cherry in for review

I have a Cherry Jr from the Digital Amp Company in for review and it sounds like no other Class D I've heard -- and I've had the Wyred4Sound, PS Audio, Nuforce and Spectron amps here for months at a time. Full review scheduled for the Sept issue, all things being equal. In the meantime, check out their forum at Audio Circle to learn more about these products and their designer, Tommy O'Brien. More in due course but right now it's powering my Vons easily.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, let us know what you think of the amp, and what competition it might run with.

Unknown said...

Yes, let us know what you think of the amp, and what competition it might run with.

PatrickD said...

The review is in the Sept 2010 issue of Affordable Audio, and like all my reviews, you can find a copy here on my Reviews Archive listing on the right hand side.

Anonymous said...

Have you compare DAC Cherry to Hephaestus Audio in the high frequency? StereoMojo did a review and noted Hephestus sounded like tube amp on steroids.